Top 10 reasons to get a chemical peel
Chemical peels are some of the simplest and most effective treatments for achieving that radiant glow, and are one of the oldest cosmetic procedures performed around the world. Not only can you expect smooth and clear skin with these treatments, but chemical peels can also help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
If you’re looking for a dramatic ‘lift’ to your appearance without expensive surgery, chemical peels could be the secret to getting that youthful look.
Here are just ten benefits of this popular cosmetic procedure:
1. Reduction or removal of blotchy patches. Skin blotches can create a dull complexion, and typically do not clear up on their own. A chemical peel can penetrate deep enough to remove the layer of darker skin to even out your skin tone.
2. Removing the appearance of sun damage. The sun is the leading cause of fine lines and wrinkles, and these can be prevented with a healthy skincare regiment. Chemical peels remove the layer of skin that may be affected by sun damage to leave behind a fresh and smooth layer.
3. Acne management. If you’re suffering from acne, a chemical peel may be a valuable part of your treatment program. Lighter peels such as AHAs and glycolic acid peels are more appropriate for sensitive and acne-prone skin, and can help clear up inflammation and even acne scars after a few months of treatment.
4. Lightening of the skin. The change of seasons, poor diet, or even a lack of rest can leave you with a dull and ruddy complexion. Powerful chemical peels made with phenol acid are used to treat deep wrinkles, and can turn your skin lighter as a side effect.
5. Low downtime. Most peels require just one or two treatments before the cells begin to turnover; you’ll start to see effects in just a few days with little recovery time required.
6. Smoother skin. Revealing a fresh layer of skin means you’ll have a smooth and youthful appearance and improved skin texture.
7. Age spot removal. Age spots can be difficult to hide under makeup, but chemical peels can help reduce pigmentation and even out your skin tone.
8. Fast and simple procedures. The process of applying the chemical peel solution and letting it set rarely takes longer than 15-20 minutes. You can be in and out of the doctor’s office within an hour.
9. Improved collagen growth. Glycolic acid peels in particular will help with collagen production; collagen is a building block of skin tissue that creates a strong and supple skin surface.
10. Better skin quality. Removing dead skin cells regularly will freshen up the skin and leave it silky smooth; chemical peels help remove dead skin cells and will even out the skin tone to leave you with a fresh and youthful glow.
Chemical peels work by ‘burning’ the top layer of the skin with an acid solution; this slowly removes dead skin cells and the outer layer of skin to reveal a softer and smoother layer underneath.
Facials Facials Facials
What is a facial and how can it benefit you? Facials aren't just for special occasions and should be a part of your normal skin care regimen. The classic European Facial is one of the many facials that we provide here at Agape Day Spa. While here our Esthetician will take you to our relaxing facial room. During the facial your face will be deeply cleansed, exfoliated, 2 masks will be applied and a moisturizure will be applied. We offer many different facials to suite many needs. Our Skin Quencher Facial is sure to give your skin great moisture which may have been lost during the summer. One of our most popular facials is the Fountain of Youth which will provide you with an anti-aging exfoliating treatment. This facial will even out skin tone, help reduce fine lines and wrinkles and retexture the skin. Facials work best when done on a regular schedule, along with a good skin care regimen at home. We use Glo Therapeutics during our facials and we also offer it for you to purchase for use at home. Call us today to schedule your appointment for the relaxing facial you deserve! We assure you will not leave disappointed!
The Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
If efforts to remove unwanted hair leave you with bumps, nicks, burns, or the hassles of repeated shaving, tweezing, or waxing, laser hair removal may be an option worth consider. After a series of sessions your skin is left smooth and hair free. Here at Agape Day Spa laser hair removal is affordable for just about any person seeking to have smooth skin.
For the month of July we have great specials on hair removal! Watch for specials on Groupon or join us on Facebook to keep up to date with all of our specials.
July Laser Hair Removal Specials are only $50.00 per treatment for specific areas. Visit our monthly specials page for more details. We look forward to seeing you in the very near future!